Chicken with Tarragon Vinegar Sauce
1/4 stick butter
2 chicken breast halves with skin and bone
2 shallots, chopped
½ cup Sparrow Lane Tarragon Champagne Vinegar
1 cup canned chicken broth, low sodium
1 T freshly chopped tarragon
1. Melt butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook until golden, 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate.
3. Add shallots to skillet and sauté about 1 minute. Add vinegar, boiling until reduced to a glaze about 2 minutes. Stir in broth.
4. Return chicken to skillet, skin side up. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until cooked through – about 10-12 minutes.
5. Using tongs, transfer chicken to plate. Add chopped tarragon to liquid in skillet increasing heat to medium. Boil uncovered until liquid is reduced, about 1 minute. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.