Satisfaction Ginger Shrimp
1/2 lb small raw headless shrimp (about 30/U16-20)
1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
2 green onions, cut into 1-inch slices
2 T Sparrow Lane Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 T Sparrow Lane Ginger Pear Rice Wine Vinegar
kiwi, slices (optional)
slivered toasted almonds (optional)
1. Wash shrimp. Peel completely and de-vein; or leave the tails on for easy handling at the table.
2. Combine shrimp, half of ginger, green onion, and a splash of Sparrow Lane Ginger Pear Rice Vinegar. Mix well and let rest in refrigerator.
3. Heat large frying pan or wok and add olive oil. When oil is hot, add other half of ginger and fry, stirring for a minute. Careful not to let it burn!
4. Immediately add shrimp mixture. Stir and toss for two minutes. Add Ginger Pear Rice vinegar; stir.
5. Reduce heat and cover pan. Continue to cook for two more minutes over low heat.
6. Remove shrimp from pan. Serve along lemon rice salad with kiwi slices and sprinkle with green onions and toasted almonds.