Apple Smoked Prawns
1 lb large prawns (16-20 count)
1 T old bay seasoning
1 T Sparrow Lane Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup Sparrow Lane Quatro Pepe Garlic Vinegar
1. Remove outer shell from prawns, be sure and leave tail on. Place cleaned prawns in large bowl and toss with Old Bay Spice.
2. Add the Sparrow Lane Quatro Pepe Garlic Vinegar, Sparrow Lane Extra Virgin Olive Oil and cover. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
3. While prawns are marinating, in another bowl, place one handful of applewood chips and cover with water. Leave them soaking until the one hour is up for the prawns. During the time the prawns are marinating, prepare your fire in your grill until your coals are glowing red.
4. After the one hour, remove the prawns from the refrigerator and place them on the metal skewers.
5. Prior to placing the skewers on the grill, drain the water from the apple chips and sprinkle them over the glowing coals (be ready for the smoke!) Close the lid of your grill to capture the smoke. Cook them until they are firm on the skewer and a nice red color. Be sure and brush them with the remaining marinade while grilling them and prior to serving.